R-4C DRAKE non riceve

Aperto da madison, 12 Settembre 2019, 19:50:54

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

madison

ritirato linea Drake ..radio dimenticate da anni in qualche angolo
problema : il TR-4C non avendo il suo alimentatore non posso nemmeno accenderlo ,ma il ricevitore il R-4c vorrei provare a usarlo ,la radio si accende.. ho messo insieme un adattatore per potere collegare una coda di cavo con attacco RCA al cavo antenna ,l'antenna è una verticale per le HF ...ho collegato sempre un cavo con attacco RCA da una parte e dall'altra saldato i due poli a un altoparlante da 8 hom ,risultato la radio rimane totalmente muta in più quando metto il cavo altoparlante nell'apposita presa "speaker"parte un innesco forte ...sicuramente sbaglio io un qualcosa nei collegamenti ,oppure il ricevitore ha qualche problema ...se qualcuno ne sa più di mè si faccia pure avanti con i ringraziamenti anticipati
73 a tutti Madison

it9acj

vedi se può essere utile

www.wb4hfn.com/DRAKE/DrakeManuals/R4C/Manual_R4C.htm

it9acj

R4C Audio Hash
R4C receivers are notorious for making not only harsh audio, but also having some hum and power supply hash thrown in for good measure. Most of this is curable, but not without some effort. The later model using the 6EJ7 3rd mixer can be the worst of the lot.

Noticeable improvement can be made by returning the power supply secondary grounds to the canned filter caps. Some folks have put a copper strap under the circuit board ground lugs on the circuit boards, running a strip of copper under the whole length, grounding the lugs. I'm skeptical about the long term. Copper corrodes.

The low voltage supply/regulator/audio is marginal, at best. Measure the voltage on the audio output transistor emitter. If its above about .5 volt (assuming the proper emitter resistor), the transistor could be drawing too much current or be going into thermal runaway, hauling that marginal supply down.

The previously listed mod changing the 3rd mixer 6EJ7 to cathode injection helps considerably, for it grounds G1 to DC. This (original) floating grid can be responsible for an incredible amount of crud.

For a simple solution to the inherently lousy audio response in the stock audio amp, the C100 change makes it much more pleasant.

For the price this receiver sold for, it shouldn't have these problems in the first place. What makes it worthwhile is how good the receiver becomes once these marginal and frankly unacceptable characteristics are attended to.

madison

Grazie mille IT9acj...ho dato un'occhiata veloce al link che mi hai passato e a prima vista sembra molto interessante ...ti ringrazio di nuovo ,più tardi con calma vado a rileggere ...peccato che i pdf non si possano tradurre in italiano ...73  Madison